… Read More
- President Donald Trump interrupted former Vice President Joe Biden at least 128 times in 90 minutes in the first 2020 presidential debate, according to Slate.
- The exchanges were hard to watch, especially for women, many of whom have experience being interrupted by men.
- A 2014 study by George Washington University found that men interrupted women 33% more than they did men, and other studies have found similar patterns.
- One researcher wrote that the gendered dynamics of speaking are a show of power.
- Sign up here to receive our newsletter Gender at Work in your inbox twice a month.
The first presidential debate between President Donald Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden was widely regarded as a train wreck.