At least three children have been hospitalized after their fingers were injured by a Muller fan, with one losing a finger to the fan’s blades.
The father of one three-year-old boy related how, in a busy moment just before the Sukkot festival, his son stuck his fingers between the metal mesh of the finger guard. The whirling metal blades literally sliced off his son’s finger. Then, in hospital, he met the parents of other children who had suffered similar injuries.
“This fan has stainless-steel blades and the product insert says that the mesh is especially dense for ‘maximum safety,’” one father related. “My son had to be taken to Tel Hashomer hospital and underwent an operation to reattach his finger. We found two other families there with children with injuries from Muller fans. One little boy suffered a deep cut and had