Table of Contents
- 1 1. It’s never too hot (or cold) for knits.
- 2 Cotton Blend Side Slit Vest
- 3 2. Time to bring the ‘00s back.
- 4 3. When it comes to pants, it’s the baggier, the better.
- 5 George Men’s Regular Fit Jean
- 6 Dickies High-Rise Wide Pants
- 7 4. Never underestimate the power of a leather coat.
- 8 5. Skip the heels in favor of comfy sneakers.
- 9 Nike Black Shox Enigma Sneakers
- 10 6. Boots: a seasonless must
- 11 Pull&Bear Short Platform Chelsea Boot
- 12 7. When in doubt, add a statement jacket.
- 13 ASOS DESIGN Curve Shearling Parka
- 14 Faux Shearling-lined Jacket
- 15 8. Tiny sunglasses make the outfit.
- 16 Karen Wazen Ovale Sunglasses
- 17 9. Big earrings are always a yes.
- 18 Pavoi 14K Gold Colored Lightweight Chunky Open Hoops
- 19 10. When in doubts, grab a bucket hat.
- 20 Kangol Bermuda Bucket Hat
- 21 Queen of the Jungle Bucket Hat
- 22 11. It’s all about balance.
- 23 Ten by Babaton Luxor Bodysuit
- 24 12. A big coat is the most versatile thing in your closet.
- 25 Oversized Belted Wool Coat
- 26 Stand Studio Maria Faux Shearling Coat
- 27 13. Mask up!
- 28 We Stand Together Face Masks
Bella Hadid and her street style… where to begin? She might be a supermodel but it’s off the runway where her star really shines. Since rising to fame several years ago, Bella has snagged headlines and earned spots on countless inspiration boards due to her always-chic, always-surprising street style.
Whether she’s out and about in New York City, chilling on the family farm, or traveling across Europe, Bella hits the street in a variety of covetable ensembles. She favors classic menswear pieces like sweater vests, sneakers, and baggy trousers and mixes them with sheer tops, vintage finds, and even a 2000s-era throwback or two. Bella’s street style has a certain allure that will make you want everything from cargo pants to Ugg slippers and tiny sunglasses. Range.
We’ve been taking fashion cues from Bella’s street style for years, and in that time we’ve observed that the model tends to stick to similar silhouettes and vibes while always adding that bit of Bella je ne sais quoi. Below, check out the top 13 style lessons we’ve learned from Bella Hadid and maybe get some inspo for your next fall ‘fit while you’re at it!
1. It’s never too hot (or cold) for knits.
Whether it’s sweater vests or classic cardigan, Bella loves her knits but with a twist. The model loves sweater vests as a versatile layering piece and has been snapped wearing them everywhere from Paris to Milan and back again. She’s donned the classic plaid wool style under a coat and has also rocked them as a shirt. Cardigans might traditionally be for layering but Bella opts to wear them as her only top option is the spring months.
2. Time to bring the ‘00s back.
Cardigans as tops are ’00s enough but Bella often channels her inner Britney Spears in mega low-rise pants, midriff tops, newsboy caps, and metallic pieces.
3. When it comes to pants, it’s the baggier, the better.
Bella loves an oversize silhouette, from vintage blazers to her signature loose trousers. She often rocks ’90s-style baggy jeans, cargo pants, and even leather trousers. You heard it from her, ditch your skinny jeans right this moment and embrace the comfy life.
4. Never underestimate the power of a leather coat.
The long leather coat is here to stay. Bella and her fellow models, including Kendall Jenner, Hailey Bieber, and Kaia Gerber, can’t get enough of these chic, Matrix-esque coats and toss them over everything. Whether you opt for a longer silhouette or more of a blazer style, this is perhaps the investment of the season (though you can always go vintage!)
5. Skip the heels in favor of comfy sneakers.
The era of super high heels is over (at least for now). Bella is all about comfort when it comes to her pants and also her shoes. Though she does occasionally opt for a heel, she prefers sneakers, from Converse to Nikes and Yeezy, over stilettos.
6. Boots: a seasonless must
For days when sneakers are a no-go, boots are the way to go. Boots can add a certain pizzaz to an outfit without compromising comfort. Though the classic Doc Martens 1460s are a staple in Bella’s wardrobe, she’s also been seen rocking chunkier options from the likes of Prada and Eytys. And black isn’t the only option when it comes to boots, you can also liven up any ‘fit with a bit of animal print!
7. When in doubt, add a statement jacket.
Bella’s style is all about the layers, which is a smart move when you’re out and about all day. She’s often spotted chic and out-there coats from designers like Tom Ford, Louis Vuitton, and Saks Potts.
8. Tiny sunglasses make the outfit.
Bella helped usher in the advent of the tiny sunglasses trend, and no one looks better in them than the supermodel. She often accessorizes her street style looks with a simple teeny ’90s-style pair of frames.
9. Big earrings are always a yes.
Much like the tiny sunglasses, adding a pair of statement earrings to your outfit equation can make a big difference. Whether it’s a classic gold hoop (or silver if it matches the outfits better) or a dangly masterpiece, Bella’s ears are always decked up.
10. When in doubts, grab a bucket hat.
Keeping things in the realm of accessories, Bella is known to favor bucket hats all year long, but especially during the colder months. Opt for fluffier options to add a focal element to your outfit (not to mention added warmth) or go for classic brands and silhouettes (like Kangol, which is BTS and Megan Thee Stallion approved). Rain or shine, bucket hats are always a safe style bet.
11. It’s all about balance.
When Bella chooses sexier pieces instead of her usual chic-tomboy vibe, she always pairs them with a menswear element, like when she donned a risqué sheer bodysuit for the 2020 MTV VMAs and rocked it with a simple pair of black wool trousers. A key rule on the Bella Hadid street style book.
12. A big coat is the most versatile thing in your closet.
When it comes to outerwear, Bella loves to supersize it. She loves a big coat, whether a down puffer, a tailored blazer, or a sleek leather silhouette. It gives any outfit, from a minidress to a comfy pair of sweats, a nonchalant cool that is so Bella.
13. Mask up!
These days, Bella is a staunch advocate of masking up to help slow the spread of COVID-19 and has been sure to don a face mask whenever she’s out in public – whether they are single-use or reusable. She even posted a few Instagram Stories urging the NYPD to don their masks when she caught them without face coverings.
Let us slide into your DMs. Sign up for the Teen Vogue daily email.
Want more from Teen Vogue? Check this out: